Thursday, August 7, 2008

honestly.

prompted by sinclair...

1. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that the reason I still seem so not over her is not because she was that incredible, but because I'm bored with the other options.

2. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that I voluntarily participate in aggravating relationships because I value the really good sex that has been a part of them...and I worry what that says about me.

3. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that I'm most likely not going to make it as a professor once I finish my Ph.D.

4. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that I really did kind of feel it when I met them those two brief days and told my friends I'd met my future husband...even if that's completely ridiculous.

5. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that I think I'm kind of a catch...despite the occasional self-deprecation.

6. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that sometimes I'm a judgmental bitch and that's not always ok.

7. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that my greatest fear is not making an impact.

8. If I was being really honest with myself, I would admit that I don't think I always mean it when I say "I love you," but I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

oh bestie, i love you for how you put yourself out there on this blog. #5 is absolutely true (pls remove the "kind of", #4 is not ridiculous (yay!), and #7 can't be true because you have already had an impact honey. definitely on my life, and i know for sure on others. countless more to come my friend...

and you know i'm a fan of honesty...so here are some of mine:

1. if i was being honest with myself, i would admit that i don't want to let go of my perfectionism or my critical side, because its fodder for being self-righteous.

2. if i was being honest with myself, i'd admit that i am judgmental when people i care about make different decisions that i would, or when they generally lead their lives differently from me.

3. if i was being honest with myself, i'd admit that i seek out crushes rather than letting something good and true find me because i am afraid that its my destiny to be single.

4. if i was being honest with myself, i'd admit that i am living with a lot of fear, bitterness, and anger in my heart, and i have no idea why.

hussy red said...

bestie, these combined 12 self-confessions kind of make us sound like a bunch of jerks...or maybe just hot messes! good thing we've got each other, huh?! ;) big, big love, you! xo.